Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts over 16,000 employees across 36 countries. Its clients include corporations, financial institutions, sovereign and supranational organizations, as well as the customers of Groupe BPCE’s networks. Natixis has a solid financial base with a CET1 capital under Basel 3 (1) of €12.3 billion, a Basel 3 CET1 Ratio(1) of 11.6% and quality long-term ratings (Standard & Poor’s: A / Moody’s: A1 / Fitch Ratings: A+).
(1) Based on CRR-CRD4 rules as reported on June 26, 2013, including the Danish compromise - without phase-in.
Figures as of 31 March 2021
Global Structured Credit Solution (GSCS) Group:
- 2nd in the European CLO warehouse service table in 2021*
- 4th in best execution table for primary European CLO in 2021*
- 5th in achieving best execution table for new US CLO in 2021*
- GSCS is a market leader in the middle market and broadly syndicated CLOs
*Figures from Creditflux, CLO Census, November 2021
The Natixis CLO team under the Global Structured Credit & Solutions Group (the “Group”) was established at Natixis in March 2003. The Group includes a dedicated syndication team that has extensive experience in placing structured corporate credit products with members in North America, Europe and Asia to coordinate with our global salesforce.
On a tactical basis, the Group has the capacity to deploy Natixis’ balance sheet and other financial resources to provide warehouse financing, targeted fund lending, liquidity backstops, interest rate and currency hedging, etc.
Natixis has a philosophy of service based advisory on every aspect of the process, client focus combined with institutional support towards efficient execution and offers a tailored approach to structuring in line with the placement strategy.
Natixis works in a truly coordinated global team effort with a single global outreach and approach:
- Global coordination: a coordinated salesforce can add efficiency, better management of investor outreach and timing precision
- Global management: Natixis has one single global head that assures and promotes one single voice across the globe. Our syndicate desk is also run with close coordination of three local syndicates: US, Europe and Asia
- Global team of 17 senior professionals assures dedication of resources and expertise to handle pipeline. Limits and capacity to ramp contemporaneously multiple warehouses
The Natixis ABS team achieved a record number of deals in 2021, arranging and placing 10 public securitizations over 6 jurisdictions amidst the very competitive environment. Amongst these was the first ever French Green RMBS (use of proceeds) - BPCE Home Loans FCT 2021 - which was structured in line with Green Bond Principles and is the first transaction of such type closed by a European G-SIB bank.
The team prides itself on diversification of the business in terms of geography and clients and has positioned Natixis as a key partner for Financial Sponsors in the Dutch RMBS and Small/mid-size NPL portfolio acquisition financing markets. In 2021, transactions amounted to €5.2 bn distributed and included deals with 8 non-bank lenders. The team have also achieved successful syndication of more illiquid transactions such as an Italian Infrastructure loans securitization.