Fitch Ratings was founded in 1913 and is one of the three major international full service rating agencies. Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries.
Fitch Group is comprised of:
- Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research;
- Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services;
- BMI Research, an independent provider of country risk and industry analysis specializing in emerging and frontier markets; and
- Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is majority owned by Hearst.
Since 1999 Fitch Ratings has an office in Frankfurt/Main (Germany) with approximately 50 employees. The analysts cover sovereigns, insurers, banks, corporates and structured finance deals.
The sector Structured Finance is divided into the following groups:
- Asset Backed Securities (ABS) Group
- Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) Group
- Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS) Group
- Structured Credit Group
The Frankfurt Team has experts for all asset classes, who are mainly responsible for transactions originating from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.